The Marcelle Medallion Quilt has been on my to -do- list since buying the book by Alexia Marcelle Abegg. I had a little pile of leftover old Liberties and have recently purchased some more from newer ranges - Liberty Lifestyle & Bloomsbury. I 'll add other cotton prints of course to these Liberties to get a scrappy feel, aiming for a pink/teal/grey overall look when finished. I guess I could throw in just a wee bit of red to help give depth to the pinks, but no orange and no white fabrics as it may make it all look a bit stark.
That's the plan anyway, but as we all know, things change/evolve as we sew !!!!
The centre star is pieced and quite vintage looking, and then there will be ten rows of borders.
I must admit the centre block was just a bit tricky (make sure you cut accurately & mark the pattern pieces!!). It's made in 4 quarter units so by the time I got to the third quarter unit I was easily recognising the various pieces, and it's amazing what a bit of ironing does!!!!
I ended up with the correct size block so that was a little bonus in life!!