Monday 21 October 2013

a few small finishes

The last few days have been busy ...cafes, walking, baking, shopping,  plus we have our daughter-in-law staying this week which is lovely.  And now of course tomorrow I have 3 days "playing" with my granddaughter from 6:30am - 4pm while mum & dad go to work. I know for some people when they retire there can be such a huge void, so I feel very priviledged to be spending this time with her.
I did manage to squeeze in some sewing time too which is always a nice bonus, and I actually finished up a few small things as well!

.......I made a Liberty pin cushion for our Monday Modern group's Secret Santa prezzie.
I found lots of ideas in my book Liberty Love by Alexia Marcelle Abegg, and I see that Rita over on Red Pepper Quilts is also making pin cushions too......heaps of them!!!


.......I finished sewing the binding on my charity quilt so it's all ready to hand in at our next meeting.


.......and I made a bit more progress sorting thru' my stash - colour by colour, slowly slowly, one piece at a time

  
.......I also made a few more zig zag blocks. There are actually 2 slightly different, but v.easy blocks, block A & block B, mirror images. So one row is made of all block A's but each block is rotated across the row, and then the second row is block B, again rotated.  Nifty eh?   Don't look too closely ....there are some v. old fabrics included!!!!!   My main focus is ensuring there is a strong downward flowing zig zag effect. Will do a reshuffling of blocks when I have made enough no doubt. Loving it so far thou'!



.......oh, and I finished this book "Room" by Emma Donoghue - I found it v. sad but v. compelling reading

Have a good week!

2 comments:

Karyn said...

I think I would cope quite nicely with retirement too.

Megan said...

It looks like you are off to a great start in your 'new' job! Love peeking into your baskets to see what fabric I can spy!