Wednesday 3 December 2014

stylish baby bag




front view

Back view

Making a tote bag isn't something I've ever done before, but my daughter needed wanted a new nappy bag for the new baby! She researched all the patterns & we ended up making this one from  here. She chose some denim from Spotlight and teamed it up with a couple of oldish pieces of fabric I had here in my stash. After reading about 'soft & stable' over at Megan's blog I thought we'd give it a go.Of course the denim was quite sturdy already so we just added the s&s to the base of the bag and the handles. On completing it, there was a wee panic moment because the blue from the denim was all over our hands (!!) but a quick spin in the washing machine with the colour catcher soon fixed that!
It worked out really well...it's very roomy without being huge, and there's lots of pockets in & out and front & back for nappies, wipes, spare babyclothes, keys, etc! And it was really lovely to spend a wet windy afternoon sewing together!

Linking up with WiP Wednesday 

4 comments:

Julie said...

Looks good, I haven't tried soft and stable before. Maybe for the next BIG bag - weekender or duffel. Aren't colour catchers fabulous things.

Anonymous said...

It looks great :).

Kaja said...

How lovely to do this with your daughter. I like bags like this, that serve their purpose without being to obviously a nappy bag. She should get years of use from it.

Michelle said...

That's so pretty! I bet it works out perfectly.