Wednesday 21 June 2017

sew stitch snap SHARE #6

Hello Wednesday
Welcome to another 'Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE' linkup
I'm working on a little bit of 'whimsy' this afternoon


These blocks are from a quilt in Judy Newman's new book,
'quilts made for life made with love'- see here for more details



Spreading some more blogging love today
- a couple of things really caught my eye from our last linkup
Did you see the pretty bird stitching Julie from justjulielou is working on at the moment?



And my other pick was Audrey's quilts over here at quiltyfolk
Here's a little peek at two of her quilts, 'coins & baskets' and 'an uncertain crossroad' quilts
While Audrey & I have very different 'styles' it's always a treat reading her posts.
She writes brilliantly about 'the process'
and it's so interesting following along with her on her unique 'quilty' journeys!


And what are you working on right now?
Whatever you're sewing or stitching, you can link it up here.
Just follow these simple guidelines:

1. Link up from any post from the past week that features something you have been sewing or stitching. You can write as much or as little about your project as you like, or simply let your photos do the talking.
2. Somewhere in your post, please link back to this post.
3. Please comment on a couple of the other Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE links - its fun to receive comments from new people, and we are trying to encourage people to read blogs and keep blogging alive too. Hope you find some new inspiration too!


    Thanks for joining us again, we can't wait to see what you have all been creating,
    Julie & Linda




    8 comments:

    Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

    I love Audrey's originality also she does a good job -
    love that bird too

    Julie said...

    Liking those whimsy blocks, they look perfectly like your sort of quilting. I have just requested that book from the library.

    audrey said...

    It really is interesting to follow along with different quilting styles. Thanks for the lovely shout out! I confess that I love coming to your blog to soak in the lovely lighter colors and fun prints.:)

    Leeanne said...

    "whimsy' looks like more scrappy scrumptiousness! Thanks for the linky thingie you girls are helping me to keep working on my own projects.

    Raewyn said...

    I really like your 'blocks with whimsy' - and 'blocks with love' is another great description - why do we do this, after all?! All my sewing seems to be secret sewing just now so I'll enjoy the others who have linked up rather than linking up myself!

    LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

    I just found your link-up and linked my post from Sunday, so it doesn't have a link back to your blog. I'm so sorry, and I will fix it for next time. Meanwhile, I really like your whimsy blocks with the flower centers - such pretty colors! Thanks for hosting us, Linda!

    Mystic Quilter said...

    Love your new quilt Linda, beautifully fresh looking. I'm off to visit the other bloggers now.

    gayle said...

    Love your whimsy! I've got to check into that book!