Wednesday 27 September 2017

sew stitch snap SHARE #13

Happy Wednesday everyone!


I have a couple of quilts almost at the 'ready for quilting' stage,
so this week I'm spending a bit of time piecing up backings and bindings.


Remember my 'floribunda' quilt, the one with a mish-mash of busy bright colour? (see here  and here for earlier progress photos). Well, as I was measuring up for the binding, I felt the edges were a little unstable. So I added an extra neutral-ish border which has strengthened things and seems to give a bit of a resting place for the eye.
And after some initial uncertainty, I like it! Hehe, instead of rows of flying geese, I think it now looks rather like those iconic bathing boxes at Brighton Beach in Melbourne!

{original beach photo can be found here}

. . . now all ready for quilting.

Time for another fortnightly 'Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE' linkup
And once again, there were lots of inspiring projects shared last time around. These pretty star blocks made by Karen from Karen'sQuilts...etc caught my eye. She started a new EPP project recently, Sue Daley's 'round we go' (see here for more details). I love that green fabric combo!


And what are you working on right now?
Whatever you're sewing or stitching, you can link it up here.

Just follow these simple guidelines:

1. Link up from any post from the past week that features something you have been sewing or stitching. You can write as much or as little about your project as you like, or simply let your photos do the talking.
2. Somewhere in your post, please link back to this post.
3. Please comment on a couple of the other Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE links - its fun to receive comments from new people, and we are trying to encourage people to read blogs and to keep blogging. Hope you find some new inspiration too!


Thanks for joining us, Julie & Linda

13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

thanks for the feature Linda - always love all your work and thanks for the link up

Susan said...

Your Floribunda quilt is gorgeous Linda! Your mix of prints and colours is 'spot-on'!! I am heading down to Brighton next week (I like to take a quiet walk on a sunny day to calm the senses.) Maybe I need to take a quilt with me?

audrey said...

How many ways can I tell you that I love the way you mix and blend your fabrics? Very fun and inspirational to come see the latest projects!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love visiting your blog - your colors and florals make me so happy.

Julie said...

This quilt makes me smile, flowers, stars and colours, all perfectly summery. Yes those borders are reminiscent of beach huts.

Deb said...

As I have said to you before Linda, I do love your Floribunda quilt. It is stunning. It is so happy and colourful. As for your Vintage Comfort Quilt in your previous post, WOW I fell in love when I looked at it. That is so my style also. Your blog makes me so happy to visit, please keep it up. (No pressure though)

gayle said...

I truly love when you bring those florals out to play! Such happy colors! And the comparison to the beach huts is making me grin!

dutchcomfort said...

Love those beach houses and your floribunda quilt! It’s beautiful!

frayed at the edge said...

Super sewing as always, but I was more interested in the 10 best beaches. We have stayed in St Kilda twice, so we know it well, and on the wall facing me as I type this I have my photo made up as a canvas, of the view of the CBD from Williamstown. I am currently trying to persuade Malcolm to visit Melbourne again next year ..... which of course would mean meeting up with Meredithe!!

Cathy said...

Yes...a wonderful mish-mash of busy bright colors! Reminds me of a cottage garden. Lovely!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I've added a second link to the completed Words to Live By quilt top (it was in progress in the first link). The scrappy wordy back is nearly sewn together - hoping to post it on Sunday.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

You are really great with mixing and matching different fabrics. The quilt-top is looking wonderful!

-Soma

Kaja said...

Something about your colours and the way you mix pattern leads to quilts that make me smile. I see the beach-huts too. :-)