Tuesday 29 May 2018

sew stitch snap SHARE #27

Welcome back to 'sew stitch snap SHARE'
- where you can see what other quilting bloggers are up to.

I've got a bit of a mixed bunch to share today. And lots of photos. And, I'm a little early posting, we have grandchildren throughout the day tomorrow, including the littlest one Johnny for 2 hours too, so I'm going to be very busy! #lovebeingagranny
The linkup will start as usual Wednesday 8am.

After finishing my bright 'flying geese overload' quilt I think I might have mentioned that I really wanted to try a second quilt, same design, but in a more softer pastel palette, yes? 
So here we are again, déjà vu . . .  something you've already seen . . . but just a little bit different from before, and I'm just a little bit happy with this!



'Flying Geese' quilt - vintage inspired





I've also been spending some time adding the last few finishing touches to my barijqal quilt. It's a lovely sampler quilt, and I used quite a selection of different Art Gallery fabrics plus low volumes.
I learnt a few new techniques along the way, explored the 'bohemian' style a little, and I added in some big stitch hand quilting. I finished stitching down the binding over the weekend.
It's a big quilt, 65.5" x 80.5" and it'll fit nicely on our bed over the winter months.








And finally, I managed to source a fabric I'd been after for a while, thanks to Julie from justjulielou.
This lovely Liberty came from thefabricstoreonline. The flower is approx. 8" across and is such a pretty blending of vintage and fresh. I've no plans just yet but have a little peek . . .



That's it from me this week.Time now for 'sew stitch snap SHARE'
My pick from last time was this cheeky emu made by Raewyn from stitchingfarmgirl
Raewyn lives on a dairy farm in Northland, NZ and her blog is always a treat to visit.
She has been busy pattern testing for Juliet from thetartankiwi
Her emu is 18" square, with lots of character, and he certainly made me smile! 


Do you have a project to share this week too?
Just follow the simple guidelines:
  • Link up any post from the past week that features a sewing or stitching project you have been working on, whether they are WiPs, starts or finishes. You can write as much or as little about your project as you like, and snap off a pic or three, and share here. 
  • Somewhere in your post, please link back to this one. 
  • Also please comment on other quilter's projects too, a little quilty love goes a long way 

Thanks for joining in, Linda & Julie

18 comments:

Karen S said...

I am still loving these geese and seeing how they look in different fabrics. Keep them coming!
Enjoy your day with the grand children.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

pretty colors on your bed - I won't be doing the link ups this month - we are on the road traveling and internet is off and on but I am reading blogs and blogging off and on - love how the flying geese quilt is coming along

Julie said...

Do you ever sleep?? You are so productive. I love the new palette for your flying geese quilt, and I just adore the finished BariJ quilt. Life has been getting in the way of sewing/stitching productivity lately for me, so nothing for me to link up unfortunately.

audrey said...

Well shoot, I already published my latest post and missed your linkup! Love your new version of the flying geese quilt. Those fabrics are scrumptious! And your Bari quilt is fabulous. What a great finish! Love the random placement and freestyle look!

Leeanne said...

such a pretty finish! Some cheeriness on those cooler perhaps dull days. I too love Raewyn's Emu.

the ark said...

I can't wait to check your blog every day. You provide me with so much quilty inspiration! I love the way you play with color and design.

Mystic Quilter said...

Another beautiful version of Flying Geese Linda and your so good to see the pics of your Barij quilt.

moosecraft said...

So many beautiful fabrics! And, you've got a perfect technique for mixing them all together to harmonize a gorgeous finished quilt! So much fun to see what you are creating! :-)

dutchcomfort said...

Love your flying geese and I’m still smitten with your BariJ quilt! I ordered some of her fabrics and I downloaded the pattern parts, so I hope to start my own... one day!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your BariJ quilt is beautiful! I love the mix of blocks and fabrics!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thank you, such a sweet comment! I did enjoy making the Barij quilt, so many ways to add little extra touches and make it individual.

Janie said...

I think that's a great idea to make the same quilt again but in a different color way.
You've got me thinking now!
Your barijqal looks so right on your bed, fabulous.
And your new fabric, yellow roses against pink, will be a beautiful addition to
any project.
I've got my color fix, thank you.

Raewyn said...

Wow with your finished quilt (beautiful!!) and fabulous with your flying geese. Your projects are always so inspiring :-) I'm sure you had a great day being a granny yesterday. So nice to see my Emu here on your blog Linda. I'm hoping to come back to link up later today......

Kate said...

Such pretty projects! Congrats on finishing your scrappy bed quilt, it turned out beautifully. The flying geese blocks are turning out nicely too. Happy stitching this week.

Linda said...

As always, I drool over your fabrics and how beautifully you combine them. The finished quilt is gorgeous and fits your bed so well. A lovely focal point for your bedroom. Enjoy your Granny Day.

Ann said...

You remind me again that I've always wanted a flying geese quilt. Must sew faster.

Kaja said...

I've been looking forward to seeing this quilt finished and it doesn't disappoint, in fact it's fabulous. I love the colours in the new flying geese quilt too.

Marie said...

Just love all those flying geese in different fabric combinations - definitely on my 'some day' list. And that plaid fabic - to die for!