And then suddenly there's a nice quiet patch when it's just me & my sewing machine! So I used that window of opportunity today & did a bit of catching up. First up was QAL blocks. This time it's the Dresden Plate, with a modern twist. Erin over @ http://www.sewathomemummy.com/ gave two options. I made them both as I like how different they look! (and truely, the 2nd one was so quick & easy to put together)
And I finally managed to narrow things down a bit with the vintage fabric idea. Thanx for the comments about it. Glenys kindly gave me a copy of the Retro Flowers quilt so that's the pattern sorted! And I've decided I'll just use the new vintage range as they are just that bit brighter...
But I made a trial block up today, to test the pattern & just to make sure I do enjoy sewing this! I used an old vintage sheet along with a variety of low volumes for my backgrounds. I like the 3-pin-method for curved piecing, & slowly, gently work my way around each curve. Once again, careful cutting out essential and being consistant with sewing a 1/4" seam... looking at it now I can see I will need to be even more careful with my future blocks, as the seam lines are very obvious especially on the light fabrics! The whole block does take a while to complete but I'm thinking there's potential.
Have a good week!
Linking up with Lee's WIP Wednesday later in the week.