Audtioning for the inner border in the above two pics. The pattern calls for 5" squares all around, however I'm quite liking this gingham too. Which do you prefer?
I've made some progress on my 'wintersweet' quilt this week and all the centre 25 blocks are now made. It's a bit different to Jo's original here, where she used a darker palette as a nod to the colder Winter months of the year, and included her favourite Liberty scraps.
I've chosen to make it in my usual scrappy, boho style. There's lots of blending and blurring, a little bit of fussy cutting, and I'm also repeating favourite combos . . . it's a happy collision of fabrics & colour!
Next up is the first border decision, and then it's onto the last 28 blocks for the final border. The finished size is around 72" square.
When I started, I was thinking this could be a perfect pattern for some of those wild and crazy prints that you just don't know what to do with. However, playing with these bold, multi-coloured prints has been both frustrating & interesting all at the same time. I must have reshuffled these blocks around a zillion times now, trying to get some balance, hope this is it. I might need a low volume fabric fix after this . . .