Sunday 29 March 2020

a little bit of quilty colour for your Sunday




So pleased with my 'courthouse steps' quilt top, it's a little crooked, and just a little wonky! I tried not to think too much about my fabric combos, just dug deep into the baskets and mixed things all up. Lots of bits & pieces from quilts I've made over the years. Here's a few close up pics of the last batch of blocks . . .















Mr D was happy to hop up on the chair for a photo of the whole quilt, 
it ended up half in the sun, half not, 
pretty, but not what I was after . . .



so I asked him for another shot, yep that's better . . .       



And joining in with the nation wide #goingonabearhunt🐻    


Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here
Stay safe, Linda


11 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

So SO wonderful -- love the photo of it crumpled on the couch.

Denice Barker said...

Wow. Your scrappy looks way better than my scrappy!

Quilting Babcia said...

A fun quilt, wait til it takes on the additional loft of batting and quilting, it will be spectacular.

QuiltGram said...

Fun successful quilt. I loved the previous pictures and now the finished quilt. Very timely for me because I just finished spring cleaning in my sewing room. Including revamping my scrap storage system. Therefore needing to plan a scrap strip quilt soon. Baby quilt needed first as that due date is fast approaching. This lovely bright quilt is the right quilt choice at the right time. (Hoping it makes a dent). Lol.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Nice scrappy quilt! I really love how it turned out. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Karen S said...

Lovely to see it all in place as a flimsy and looking good.
Yes, bears in the window here, too.

Cathy said...

Great use for some scraps! Oh, so colorful!

Ann said...

What a lovely top. Isn't it fun to use all the scraps - new and old.

audrey said...

Some beautifully striking blues in this quilt! Love it! The quirky, slightly off arrangement to the blocks is wonderful. So much better than a perfectly perfect set of courthouse step blocks.:)

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a fun top!! Beautifully scrappy and bright - now for the quilting!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Lovely choice of color palette for wonderful quilt.