Tuesday 23 February 2021

scrappy quarter cabins

 





For this quilt top I once again turned to my fabric stash. "Shopping my stash" makes me super happy, and being able to also repurpose most of those fabrics from my earlier project was very satisfying! I've popped in a few newer designer treats too.

The quilt design is so simple, lots of 8" quarter log cabin blocks. Lots of repetitive sewing, cut, sew, press and repeat. 
To me, it's as much about the fabrics as it is about the design with this project. I think these 32 little log cabins set on point, with the white "center" squares, gives it all a fresh modern look, as well as a sense of calm.  


Setting triangles are up next, what would you use I wonder?
Until next time, Linda


9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice use of scraps once again

Julierose said...

I love its scrappiness, Linda--nice work..Those setting triangles could being out any color in the blocks you which to feature...hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

If you want to retain the "modern" vibe perhaps something in a soft gray or a bright bold tone on tone. If you want to make the quilt "softer" perhaps something more floral. Either way, it will be lovely!

audrey said...

Ooh, I like the simplicity of this one. You are so good to come up with the perfect blend of scrappy utility and modern traditionalism.:)

Ann said...

A beautiful way to use your scraps. Isn't it fun to reprise them in a new way? And yet, some people give them away.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love this one Linda, the diagonal set is the best and you have a great mix of fabrics. I've seen a lot of these quilts on Instagram and very tempted to make a start on one, now seeing yours here I think it will be a definite start soon.

Dorothy said...

Love it. I think I would use "whites" for setting triangles so the colors would float. But your quilt, your choice, and in the end we will all love it

Rebecca Grace said...

I've never heard of "quarter log cabins," but they look great! I do that, too -- mixing in new fabrics when I'm pulling scraps from my stash.

Elaine Adair said...

Stunning sense of color! Gotta save this photo!