Wednesday 8 September 2021

a quilty bundle

Lockdown Day 22. As the rest of New Zealand moves into Delta Level 2, here in Auckland we are still on Level 4. Case numbers are dropping, so there is hope we might get back to a semi normal life sometime soon 🤞
So as lockdown life continues for me, I'm finding I have more time for quilting. I thought I’d look at an older quilt, get the binding all finally finished, and re-photograph it in different ways. 
This quilt was meant to be folded, balled up, scrunched and snuggled under, enjoy the pics…
 

    


- closeup of some of the fabrics I used


quilty texture - loving the contrast between the old versus the new on the spare bed.

















- loving the contrast here too
between the quilted vintage looking fan shapes and the fresh geometric prints.





You will remember my '9patch Remix' quilt, it's a modern version of the good old nine patch. I used lots of leftover geometric fabrics - a mash up of Carolyn Friedlander's fabric and Karen Lewis textiles - and teamed them up with a mix of Liberty and other prints. It's a winning geometric : floral combo!

I had it quilted in an e2e pattern, called 'Bapist Fan' by Leeanne from quiltmekiwi. I used a new vintage sheet for the backing from my Aunty Freda . And the binding? Well, that was a tad tricky. After auditioning several fabrics over the past few months, I finally settled on this stripe. 
Finished quilt measures 54" x 62".  One quilty bundle already in use! 

Until next time, Linda


7 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

This is fantastic! I love a good nine-patch!

Susan said...

I love the curved fan quilting contrasting with the nine patch blocks. Good luck with your lockdown. I've lost count of the day we are up to....and our numbers aren't coming down anytime soon!

Kaja said...

I like that stripy binding a lot! Lockdowns are not fun but at least you are locked down early enough for it to do some good.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad it sounds like New Zealand is getting rid of Covid once again with the strict lockdown's wish we would here! Instead the whole country seems to be going crazy the last several years -- love your quilts

audrey said...

Such a fantastic looking quilt. I don't often do a 9-patch look, but this has me reconsidering some of my fabric stacks.:)

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a lovely quilt finish, Linda! LOVE it!!!

Marie said...

Beautiful - lots of eye candy! What size do your nine patches finish up at?