Saturday 4 September 2021

WiPs on rotation

Flowers only please!











Lockdown Day 18 here in NZ and, after a week of no actual sewing, I've got a couple of WiPs that I take turns working on here in the sewing room. Today I'm sharing a little progress with my 'another story' quilt, see back here for a few details. 
As I started sewing the first few rows together I realised, with a little bit of planning, I could create an occasional fully formed star into my mix of background greens. 
And I'm super happy with how the colours grow subtly softer as the eye moves out to the edges.

After these earlier photos today, I managed to get four rows all sewn up together {woo-hoo!} and am now stitching together the next five rows. On the home stretch now! 

Linking up with Cyndy for 'oh scrap' here
Until next time, Linda


11 comments:

Dorothy said...

Love this

Cathy said...

Oh, I love how this is shaping up! What a lovely flower garden.

FlourishingPalms said...

This is such a nice project. Are you using a Hex 'n More ruler to cut your pieces? I see an old echino coneflower print I wish I owned. I like the star effect you're achieving with that darker green. Aren't you glad you have such a pretty, happy-colors project to work on?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's so pretty, Linda! I love all your flower prints, and that star points are all in greens. I've never made that design, and I'm wondering how it's done. Are there Y seams?

Ann said...

Such a lovely collection of fabrics. I lo,e the intermittent stars peaking through.

Robin said...

This is terrific. And it's a treasure hunt too, looking for the stars. I'm sorry to hear you are still in lockdown. We are free to go wherever we want but I'm still staying home a lot and using a mask when I go to the grocery store, I'm vaccinated and I was sick with the virus last summer but I don't want to be one of the breakthrough cases. Once was bad enough. . . Seeing your quilt just cheers me up.

Sue Rostron said...

I love your fabric choices, I am curious as to what you look for when purchasing fabric and what you buy.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This is looking great. I love all those shades of green. Thanks for sharing with oh Scrap!

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy days! Good to see you're already at the row sewing part now. Beautiful fabrics Linda and hexagons are always a winner, I like what you're doing with the border treatment.

Karen S said...

Your garden of hexagon flowers is looking beautiful.
Let's hope this is the last lock down for both our countries.

Julie said...

It's looking good Linda. Definitely a reason to be happy with ourfabric stash,when we get put into a lockdown. Hoping we can still do the Auckland Quilt Show, come November.