Friday 24 February 2023

a mashup of florals


No sewing happening around here, so I thought I'd share a few pics of one of my favourite quilts today. 
This is my 1/4 Log cabin quilt made back in August 2015
- it's a lovely mashup of floral fabrics mainly from my AMH baskets!

















I really love the simplicity of this block and the beauty of the fabrics, super happy they all ended up mixing together so well. It sure to brings out the sunshine in the spare bedroom! 
And I also love how the warm / cool contrast ensures the eye moves around the quilt, searching for those special little fabric gems. 

You’ll find an eclectic mix of makes here on the blog, variety brings me joy. I can't keep all the quilts I make, so many have been gifted, some donated. 
But there are still some, like this one, that I have kept here over the years, why? As a fabric lover I find some quilts are just too hard to part with, the special ones, made from a real mix of fabrics from years of hoarding collecting, and they make me smile. 
Hope you enjoyed this little floral trip down memory lane. 

Have a great weekend, Linda.


14 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Love the quilt - I know what you mean some quilts I keep just because I love them

Astrid said...

Indeed it's a beautiful quilt Linda! Love the bright colors and patterns. Log Cabin is one of my favorite blocks/quilts.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Such beautiful colorful cozy quilt!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely colourful quilt Linda and I do like the quilting design, nice and loose.

dutchcomfort said...

I love this quilt, the log cabins and the fabrics!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Beautiful indeed!!! Real eye candy, searching through the prints with one's eyes. I love the crazy mix of lights and darks!!!

Janie said...

yes, that is an attractive quilt, timeless really!
Good photos too!

Julie said...

This is the perfect scrap quilt, a real treasure trove of gems to look at.

Linda said...

I can see why you have kept this gorgeous quilt! Looks great on the bed - a real zing of colour and showcases those delightful AMH fabrics beautifully.

Michelle said...

Linda, I adore this quilt! I could get lost looking at each fabric. Super scrappy quilts like this make me happy too. Beautiful!

Sally Langston Warren said...

Oh how beautiful!! I just finished a quilt top like this….half log cabin blocks with scrappy fabrics. Some fabrics were new, but mostly very old fabrics that I have been saving for years, some from worn out clothes, a couple from my great aunts scrap bag (and she died about 30 years ago). I am waiting for a walking foot to arrive and will quilt it on my Singer 66 treadle that was my great aunt’s. I think I will just do straightish lines. It’s for a dear friend whose young husband unexpectedly passed away. I hope it brings some comfort. Thank you for sharing your beautiful quilt!

pandchintz said...

Gorgeous!

QuiltGranma said...

Looks like you've been raiding my old fabrics bins!

QuiltGranma said...

This is so much inspiration for me to use up my older fabrics for the kids! Thanks!