Saturday 11 February 2023

HSTs everywhere

Over the past week, in between things, I've been sewing lots of HSTs. Last year Cathy L. Wanda and Julie all shared their versions of a vintage quilt and each time I spotted their respective progress I was tempted to make this quilt too. 

I started out with a pastel mix of curated fabrics {from These Clever Hands} and am adding in other whispery, (mainly)pale fabrics as I find them in my stash.  
When I have enough of any one fabric, I'm using the 8-at-a-time method, otherwise I'm making individual HSTs from my scrappy stash. I'm sewing them together into strips of five, and then into bigger blocks. Here's how things are looking so far up on the design wall ...





- stash finds

- vintage inspiration quilt


Linking up my new start with Kelly here at myquiltinfatuation for NTT
and this weekend with Wendy's 'peacock party' here

Until next time, Linda


14 comments:

Susan said...

I love everything you make Linda....and this is not exception! It's gorgeous!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those three you listed always have good inspiration!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love this start on the classic HST quilt, but in "your" colors! It's going to be really pretty!

Juliana said...

I love your colors and patterns! It's always so much fun to see what different quilters do with the same inspiration.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like your interpretation of that wonderful old quilt that Cathy L. shared. LOVELY!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful fabrics Linda.

Astrid said...

OOH! That's a lot of HST! Very pretty Linda, love your fabric choices.

FlourishingPalms said...

Look at you go! I admire that you can make so many perfect HSTs that fit together so precisely. As much as I love HSTs - I've never seen a HST quilt I didn't like! - I shy away from them because my inaccuracies always show up when joining them together. Your gonna have another beautiful quilt here. Keep up the great work!

Rebecca Grace said...

Such a lovely mix of prints, Linda! I’m drawn to those vintage HST quilts, too, and I’m enjoying your progress!

pandchintz said...

Love it! Such a gorgeous quilt and a great idea!

Cathy said...

Oh so nice to see your version! I always love your mix of fabrics.
Mine will probably be years in the making!

Denice Barker said...

Yup, you've convinced me to finally do this one, too.

Karen S said...

Looking gorgeous. And the quilt inspiration is stunning, too!

Denice Barker said...

This is so perfectly pretty! What is the size of your individual squares?