Sunday 28 July 2024

latest quilt finish

 Look what's back from my longarm quilter!


I was super excited when I opened my 'old maid's puzzle' quilt out of the courier package ... something about this combo of a simple repeat block + the colours + texture + quilting panto makes it extra special.









 *party in the quilt back










Old Maid's Puzzle quilt details:

Pattern: Old Maid’s Puzzle, a traditional block. Initially inspired by a free pattern from @prairiequiltco. I made 9" blocks for my version.
Fabrics: I used a scrappy selection of old & new favourite fabrics. I've been a little obsessed/focused lately - drawn to colours like these peachy pinks, rosy pinks, primrose yellow, aqua, & lavender, lots of those dusty/muddy tones. 
Loving the contrast of these soft pastels mixed in with the splashes of bright colour.
Backing: I adapted another finished older quilt top to use as my *backing again. It was a top I made back in Feb 2020, 'meadowland' quilt, with a soft muted combo of fabrics.
Quilting: I decided to send out a couple of quilts for long arm quilting with Leeanne again, and this was one of them. I chose an E2E quilting panto, 'compass rose'. The quilting is a little denser than I usually have, but I love how a simple repeat block allows me to go to town on the quilting choice!
Binding: I used a dusty darker toned floral, Aster from the Liberty Mayfair collection/Westminster. It captures all the main colours front & back. 
Quilt measurements: 58" x 58"


6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such a soft looking quilt - someone is sure going to love this one.

Bonnie said...

Oooh a nice finish. It's always a great day when you have a finish!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Old Maid's Puzzle quilt turned out so pretty, Linda! You have such a way with color and pattern. This one reminds me of rainbow sherbet and sunshine and warm fuzzies.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

its an awesome combination of fabrics and colors!! Super Sweet quilt!!!

Karen S said...

Another great finish. You must enjoy your mail deliveries.
Great choice of quilting pattern.

Ann said...

Such delicious colors and again, so smart to put an old top on the back. It's fun to think about turning the quilt over and using the other side some day. And it clears out some older WIPs.
Congratulations.