Saturday 19 October 2024

exploring the fussy-cut world


I've decided to explore the fussy-cut world just a little bit more and when I spotted Jodi @talesofcloth 'rosemary' quilt recently I decided to give it a go. The simple big rectangles appealed to me, perfect for the large-scale prints in my stash, and there's only a smattering of nine EPP flowers to add a little handmade touch. 
Disclaimer: I like switching to slow stitching every now and again, I just never seem to actually finish anything!

Fabric choices took up most of my time this weekend, the fun part! One thing I noticed about *Jodi's quilt was that there is cohesiveness in her colour and tonal choices, it's light and reminds me of springtime. With all this in mind, I started out with a teal & pink combo using some of my favourite florals and went from there.  

here's a few planning pics from down on the design floor ...


*Jodi's quilt on the left







Now that my colours make me happy, 
it's time to tackle the EPP - yes, the bit I've been avoiding!
Hopefully, this little experiment will be perfect for me & I'll end up with a finished project.
Linda




No comments: