Tuesday 22 October 2024

garden party quilt

This recently finished quilt ticks all the boxes for me…so many of my favourite fabrics in the one quilt✔️ ultra scrappy mix of old and new AMH fabrics✔️ mod 'cone flower' quilting✔️ scrappy backing✔️ stripey binding✔️














'garden party' quilt details:
Maker: moi
Pattern: 'checkered garden' pattern from Ashley @ filminthefridge (it’s free)
Fabric: I was able to use lots of little bits from my entire AMH stash. I worked block by block, as I had decided to set myself the creative challenge of choosing colours for each block as I went. I’m super happy with this mishmash of bright fabrics, and I really tried not to be too matchy-matchy. 
I love the unifying element of the pink and cream/white corners to each block. 
Quilting: Leeanne from quiltmekiwi did an edge to edge 'cone flower' panto, which looks super!
Binding: even though my quilt was heavy with the busy bright colours, I felt that this two-toned blue stripe binding from my stash would give just the right amount of contrast & balance.
Quilt measurements: 56" x 56"



No comments: