Sunday 3 August 2014

Gypsy Wife {photo overload edition}















So glad to have got my scrappy Gypsy Wife quilt top together - I had a couple of panic moments for a while there! It gets quite confusing in the last stages of construction, there's a few funny almost "y" seam areas, but I  managed to keep all those vertical strips flowing nicely!
This quilt has certainly tested me and made a dent in my stash pile!


I ran out quite early of alot of my original fabrics, so had to find alternatives. You will see little bits of my stash throughout the quilt .. old"ish" bits & pieces from everywhere .. all mixed up together, including a few Anna Maria Horner fabrics, Denyse Schmidt,Tula Pink, and the odd Kaffe Fassett, plus a couple of very soft, very pretty Robert Kauffman/ London Calling fabrics which seemed to blend in really well with the original Japanese cottons.

Hey, and didn't the sun come out just as I was finishing the photo shoot!
Linking up with  Sunday Stash over @  http://www.mollisparkles.com/  and later in the week for WiP Wednesday with  Lee at Freshly Pieced

a bit more #17
for a stunning Gypsy Wife version using all AMH fabrics
and some wonderful hand quilting 
see Nicole's quilt here

21 comments:

Karyn said...

Looking forward to seeing it in real life tomorrow night!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love this one; so bright and happy. It looks super. I've ordered this pattern and am waiting for it to arrive but I have no idea yet what fabrics to use. I love Jen Kingwell's patterns.

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Love it! You must have the most beautiful stash is all I can say!

Hettie's Mum said...

Wow! this looks fabulous. Clever you. all those fabrics sit so nicely together.

Sarah @ Berry Barn Designs said...

Fantastic color palette! Love the brightness of it : )

Julie said...

Well done - this looks fantastic.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thank you so much!

Marly said...

This looks splendid but it must be daunting to make: what a lot of work! Did you piece it by hand or on the machine?

Frances Meredith said...

Great finish!

Karen said...

Oh my! Love this so much!! It is gorgeous. I was also confused about the assembly plus just in time discovered the errata! Very pretty quilt :)

Unknown said...

Love all the color, I was working on a Farmers Wife and hated the small blocks. I appreciate all the work you put into this. Beautiful

Alison V. said...

Gorgeous! One of the best Gypsy Wife quilts I've seen!

andrea @ tideline quilts said...

Your Gypsy Wife is so, so incredibly beautiful! This is one of my all-time favourite quilt patterns, and your interpretation of it is making me drool. Seriously. What a fantastic job!

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

Your Gypsy Wife quilt is beautiful. I'm so happy to see one that hasn't been done in super bright sunshine colors, not that those aren't lovely, but this one seems to have a bit more character. Congratulations on a lovely quilt top.

Ruth said...

Fabulous - looks like a ton of work but the end result is really lovely!

Marsha Cooper said...

Scrappy quilts are my favorite and I love how colorful your Gypsy quilt is.

Sarah Fredette said...

I always love seeing gypsy wife quilts, and yours is particularly gorgeous! :D It gives me renewed hope in finishing mine.... someday

Sujata Shah said...

Hi Linda!
This quilt is gorgeous! I love the addition of strips at the bottom of the quilt. Makes my hear sing!

Kirsten said...

Really love your Gypsy Wife quilt - my sister-in-law has made this pattern and I hope to do one soon too!

Ali w said...

Really love this and your colour selection. How will you quilt it? Please post photos when it is quilted and bound!

nicole said...

Just gorgeous! I love all the fabrics together, so fun!
And thank you so much for linking to mine!
Any thought's on how you're going to quilt it?