Sunday 17 March 2019

currently ...

Currently sewing . . . more floral & stripe blocks this weekend. I started chopping into a fabric stack last week, I think another 'sawtooth star' quilt is in order. I tend to cut a few out at a time, then when I have more time I have a little sewing session. Here's this weeks progress shots . . .



Loving these floral & stripe combos
and here's two more blocks . . .




Also currently planning . . . my next 'flowers on pink' block. I'm featuring some of these lovely AMH fabrics, mixed up with my scrappy stash




I'm currently reading . . . Michele W. Miller's latest book, "widows-in-law'. It's a gripping tale of mothers & daughters, wives & ex-wives, a story about the women left behind to clean up the messes (some) men make. Update: I stayed up very late last night to finish it



And I know blogging interest seems to fluctuate with many,
however I'm still a big fan, there's so much inspiration out there
I've currently been loving . . . all the colour over here at rachaeldaisy from bluemountaindaisy 
and all the EPP happenings over here at talesofcloth.

There's also a QAL, yep another one, about to start on April 8th - vintage lace quilt along. The 'Vintage Lace' quilt was inspired by the beautiful intricacies of an old piece of lace. I've not made an all-solid quilt yet, so tempted, and that's why this one really caught my eye. More pics over here at loandbeholdstitchery


Hm-m-m I have the pattern, but am really quite busy with all my other projects.
So I'll be happy to follow along watching from the sidelines,
for now anyway!

And how about you, what are you currently working on or reading?
Until next time, Linda

10 comments:

Kleine Vingers said...

I still love reading blogs, eventough I do not always leave a comment. Your colourful quilts i like very much.

Karyn said...

Love the sawtooth blocks.

Karen S said...

The blocks are looking great and the fabrics are playing very nicely together.

Cathy said...

Love those floral and stripe stars! I read blogs. I'm not on FB or Instagram.

Janie said...

Quilt blogs are fun, I learn lots and I'm always encouraged.
I think sometimes there is a normal ebb and flow of comments and that's because life
can get in the way.
Your fabrics and blocks are looking great, thanks for sharing.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I, too, am smitten with blogging and the shared inspiration. Your new blocks and related fabric mix are just gorgeous.

Raewyn said...

I still love the blog-isphere when I can get to it :-) (Please don't tempt me with any more projects to do!!!!). I love the combination of the florals and stripes. One of my favourite dresses I made for YD was a combination of floral and gingham - your blocks remind me of that dress!

Kaja said...

I'm another who still loves blogging - I'm glad there are some of us left. I am smitten with your florals and stripes - must try that soon.

Kate said...

I don't keep up very well these days, but I still enjoy reading blogs and writing my own. So I'm glad that many still write blogs and share what they are working on. Love the striped stars! Happy stitching this weekend.

Julie said...

I am loving those stars. This is such a you quilt in progress. Interested in seeing how you go with a solids only quilt ......