Wednesday 23 October 2019

'little miss sawtooth' quilt

I decided I needed to stop making quilt tops - briefly- and start finishing a few quilts ... so here's one more finish! Those tiny binding fairies were certainly busy around here overnight! My 'little miss sawtooth' quilt is all finished and on my bed for summer.

I do love a stripey binding, don't you? My binding for this quilt is 'Brocade Stripe' by Snow Leopard Designs that I've had in my stash for ages now. It seems to dance around the edges of the quilt, picking up all the colours.
The backing is a large piece of a Kaffe fabric, 'grey stone flower', and I had it professionally quilted by Leeanne from quiltmekiwi in an edge to edge pattern called 'whisper'. The finished quilt measures 60" x 72".











- close up of backing







Linking up with Kelly for 'needle and thread Thursday' here
Until next time, Linda



14 comments:

cspoonquilt said...

The Sawtooth is very pretty. Love that low volumr background you do so well!!!

Linda said...

Oh, that is just beautiful! I really like your choice of colors. I want to make one like it someday. :-)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Divine.

Ann said...

It looks so lovely with those softly colored stars on the soft white prints.

Karen S said...

The stars are lovely. And the quilting is gorgeous, too.

Marie said...

Just beautiful. This one is on my list as well - hope it turns out nearly as nice as yours.

Susan said...

Another lovely, lovely quilt Linda! You are truly an inspiration!

Preeti said...

Beautiful finish. I love striped bindings although the one you used is particularly fabulous!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your Sawtooth Stars with all kinds of different centers! The pretty soft colors of this quilt are perfect for summer. Since it wants to snow where I live, I'll have to live vicariously through your lovely, summery quilt!

Janie said...

Congratulations and Gorgeous! The backing is perfect.
And yes, finishes are a good thing.

Julie said...

That's lovely Linda. I keep looking at that quilt thinking one day ....
The satisfaction from finally finishing a quilt is as good as starting a new one.

Raewyn said...

A beautiful quilt, Linda! Well done on the concentrated effort to get some flimsies to finish mode!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love it! So summery looking! Enjoy your summer, we had snow last evening here. Happy Stitching!

LA Paylor said...

how fresh and pretty. I love a stripey binding! Looks so good on the bed.
LeeAnna