Monday 14 October 2019

work in progress - trellis quilt

I'm continuing with my goal of working with quilts-in-progress every now & then, trying to move each one forward a little. I had a quilty few days last week and managed to finish up another quilt top.

I pulled out my scrappy 'trellis' blocks {pop back here to see earlier post in August}. I was so close to finishing, so I set to making up the last handful of the 6 1/2" blocks.
I've reshuffled things around, and taken out the bright blue solid blocks, and it's all looking much more like how I imagined it now.












I've used lots of my favourite fabrics, from lots of different projects over the years, plus a few new designer treats mixed in too. It was fun pairing up the light & dark fabrics, little unexpected surprises occured each time. And, I'm now right down to the very last piece of my main fabric, this treasured Amy Butler fabric...











My inspiration came from seeing all the different variations of this quilt over on instagram - @therootconnection  @quiltdivajulie  and the more recent sessoms quilt 
and, Leeanna's delightfully scrappy 'lattice' quilt over here at 'not afraid of color'

Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here
and with Em for 'moving it forward' over here tomorrow 

Wishing you a scrap-happy week, Linda


9 comments:

Karen S said...

Great to see UFOs getting a turn. This is a lovely result. So many gorgeous fabrics in your top.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Absolutely lovely -- so many wonderful fabrics and this design shows them off beautifully. Well done!

Julierose said...

Love all those gorgeous flowered fabrics--perfect for the darker strips--nice work hugs, Julierose

Wonky Girl said...

You have a great stash = pretty quilt.

Janie said...

I like the change and good contrast!
Happy and scrappy, thanks for sharing your design choices.

Ann said...

Who'd have thought this simple design would make such a lovely quilt. You and Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color are both finishing lattice tops this week. Thanks for sharing this beauty.

Susan said...

That quilt is lovely. I really like the trellis quality of it, and being scrappy doesn't subtract anything, but adds.

audrey said...

This is such a versatile block. Don't think I will ever tire of seeing the many, many versions that quilters can come up with! Yours is looking so good.:)

Susan said...

This is such a pretty, fresh design Linda! Yet again you nailed the fabric choices perfectly!