Sunday 11 August 2019

weekend wrap up

It's wet & windy, so I've spent some time in my sewing room over the weekend.
Flitting from one thing to another, as you do.








This quilt top has lots of prints that I found hiding deep in my stash baskets, plus a few favourites. When I've headed to my sewing machine, I've pieced a few more blocks along with whatever else I've been sewing. I think I'll add two more rows but as my design wall is pretty full now, I'll make a start getting these little 6" blocks all together. Just makes me smile.
Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' over here.



Love how my 'quilty stars' looked today in the early morning light hanging up beside Bob's mums embroidery panel. It is 42" long and she made it way back in 1946, before either Bob or I were born



I've got the blues . . . and she's got the greens.
Susan from patchworknplay and I follow each others quilty journeys and email each other from time to time. We've got different styles for sure, but it's become apparent that we both tend to use one colour more than the other.
Blue has been my 'go to' colour for. ever and she loves greens, so we decided to have a little fun and do a fabric swop, #iwantherstash
As I've been cutting for my next project, I've also been cutting out 10" squares for Susan too. I've selected a wide assortment of approx. fifty fabrics - old, new, Kaffe, Art Gallery, vintage, and AMH. Such a good way to check & tidy my blue stash baskets. Can't wait to see what green fabrics Susan sends back over the ditch.




In the spirit of finishing something else this year - #finishit2019 - I've also been sorting out backing fabrics for a couple of my latest quilt top finishes, meadowland quilt and little miss sawtooth.



And, I've made a start on something new
- more about that next time, Linda


9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've been busy! I always love seeing what you do with those pretty florals!

Susan said...

Oh, the wild boho look is amazing Linda! And of course I love your cross-cut dash block- sorry, I don't know it's name! And those blues look so luscious! I hope you like the greens I have found for you!

Kate said...

Love your "playing with scraps" project. It's so simple, but such an effective block. Enjoy your rainy day stitching.

Ann said...

Your cobalt blues work so well with the reds and yellow you chose. And those big prints. What fun to use your stash so effectively.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I need to buy you a ticket to Baton Rouge and let you sort out my stash into "quilt kits"...….come on, you know you would love it! LOL

Mystic Quilter said...

What a glorious piece of embroidery from your mother-in-law Linda! Your quilt is perfect alongside.
Kaffes' fabric looks a perfect match with our Meadowland block. Is that the wide 108" backing?

Julie said...

What a lot of blues you have!! Nice to see your 'sewjo' appears to be back again.

audrey said...

Oh yes, I do enjoy flitting about from project to project! I think we definitely have that in common! Always so much fun to see the fabric that you've managed to dig out of your amazing stash. So envious!!

Susan said...

Some lovely fun up and down that post. I want to see the greens she sent you. That's my best color, too!