Wednesday 7 August 2019

just playing ...






I guess you've spotted a few of these quilts around lately? There's lots of variations & inspiration . . . see here for the sessomsquilt by Carolyn Friendlander, and over here for Sujata's selection of similar 'freeform' quilts. And then there's more scrappy happenings over here by Leeanna from 'not afraid of color' and Julie here recently finished her amazing 'flower garden' version too.

So today I had the time and the motivation, and a pile of leftover scrappy squares that needed to be turned into something.
I plan on going scrappy of course, but with a few designer treats thrown in. After playing with these 6" blocks up on the design wall, I've now got some direction with my colours and where I want my lights & darks to go. And I will put aside other fabrics that might work as I sew other things.



Until next time, Linda


9 comments:

Kleine Vingers said...

Another bright quilt, it is lovely.

Robin said...

This is so cheerful, I bet you're having fun.

Susan said...

This is just gorgeous Linda! You have a beautiful range of blue fabric. I wish I owned a few of those.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Thanks again for the shout out -- the widow of the gentleman that quilt was gifted to (comfort quilt for end stage cancer) loves it and loves the memories attached to it.

Preeti said...

Those look like a lot of fun. A great SCRAPBUSTER!!! They will make a cheerful quilt.

Mystic Quilter said...

Ah, I was wondering what size the blocks were and as Preeti says a great scrapbuster.

Kate said...

A very fun scrappy project.

cspoonquilt said...

Great use of leftovers! And lots of play time!! My favorites!

Ann said...

Yes, they are everywhere and each is beautiful. What a great way to use your leftovers.