Wednesday 21 August 2019

bohemian on point {update}



I've made some progress on my "bohemian on point' quilt this week. The actual piecing of the sections is easy, what's taking the time is making all the fabric choices.
Most of my fabrics are fairly busy, but I wanted to create blocks with contrast, accenting the florals and I wanted, of course, to use as many fabrics as I could. So I've ended up with an eclectic mix of Anna Maria Horner with Outback Wife fabrics, all from the stash baskets which makes me so happy. I'm a little obsessed with scrappy makes at the present.

Here's a few progress photos . . .





- lots of individual sections




And here's how my design wall was looking yesterday . . .





I was able to complete a few more sections today . . .







and I've moved down onto the 'design floor' now, have a peep  . . .


Just a few more sections to complete, then some reshuffling to get things looking balanced
but I'm excited with how it's going so far. 

Linking up this week with Em for 'moving it forward' here
and with Beth for 'main crush Mondays' here
and over here too for 'monday Making'


12 comments:

Kleine Vingers said...

Interesting pattern and lovely result. Like the combinations you have made and the scrappy look

Susan said...

It's looking better and better all the time Linda! I'm thinking I should use my leftover Gertrude Wife in something like this too! Inspirational!

Quiltdivajulie said...

"scrappy makes" - what a perfect way to describe your present process. I've decided that more and more I'm becoming a "vintage-inspired scrap quilt" maker. So much more fun than following a pattern and creating something that looks like 100 others.

Julierose said...

I love how your eye is drawn all around on this one...very pretty hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

Beautiful! I love the way you put the designs together and your color choices. It's just eye candy!

Robin said...

You make it look like so much fun. I wish I could visit you sewing room and enjoy all the activity.

O'Quilts said...

This is such a fun quilt...great job with the fabric

Ann said...

Lovely. So clever of you to use such fabulous fabrics.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful, this mix of fabrics works so well.

Marie said...

Really love this! I'm working on Halo by Jen Kingwell which has a square in a square block as part of another block and have been toying with how to make another scrappy square in a square quilt - this is great inspiration. So rich and fun!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Picking fabrics is always the best part! This is going to be lovely

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thanks Cynthia. I was struggling a little with the fabric choices; I felt it was all looking too busy. And I wanted to add more lights maybe? Solids maybe? But then ... a kind quilty person reminded me that bohemian was all about ‘busy colour’!
So I’m stepping around it all spread out on the floor, leaving it for a day or two before I make the last few decisions.