Sunday 17 November 2019

'bohemian on point' quilt

And here's my finish no.9 for the year, 'bohemian on point' quilt top, and I love it. I've used a scrappy selection of both Anna Maria Horner and Outback Wife fabrics, and repeated a few fabrics too. Some blocks merge, some are busy, and others are a definite light/dark combo.







I had it professionally quilted by Leeanne from quiltmekiwi in an edge to edge pattern called 'sweetheart'. I love how the quilting almost sinks into the quilt, letting the piecing & yummy fabrics remain the focus.




I made up a scrappy backing using leftover fabrics and rediscovered a useful fabric in eggplant for my binding, from 'mostly manor' collection by Victoria Findlay Wolfe. My finished quilt measures approx. 54" x76".
















Definite vibe of bold & bright colours still happening around here!
And joining in with Julie from julielou with a little 'dahlia spam' 


until next time, Linda


9 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful color and pattern choices! Love it!!

Susan said...

I absolutely love this quilt Linda! And your photos of this are lovely too!

LA Paylor said...

My gosh! I just love this quilt. Great job on design and color. The movement makes it interesting and the size variances give it order... great! LeeAnna

Julie said...

I love this quilt - definitely a bohemian vibe to it with those gorgeous clashy colours and patterns. Love the mix of AMH and Outback Wife. we may have to do a little dahlia tuber swapping in time for next summer, that is a pretty one.

Leeanne said...

As well making quilts you sure know how to snap great photo's! I have no dahlia's in my garden but would love some bright red ones. Thank you for letting me quilt for you.

cspoonquilt said...

Your Bohemian came out so Great! That really is a fun pattern and I really liked the way it gets cut out. I need to try that again!! cheers!

Ann said...

What a gorgeous mix of fabric. I love all the photos; you quilt looks great from every angle! Congratulations.

Karen S said...

Another lovely finish. Such a fun play with fabrics and colours.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh dear, I thought I had left a comment here Linda! What a treat with your fabric mix , the pattern really give the fabrics a chance to shine and take centre stage. I love dahlias so the more pics the merrier!