Monday 11 November 2019

'meadowland' quilt


I've got another finish to share this week, my 'meadowland' quilt. I've had it professionally quilted by Leeanne from quiltmekiwi in an edge to edge pattern called 'waterdrops'. I love how these curves add a soft whimsy feel to the sharper angles in this quilt.

As you can see, I've used quite a quirky scrappy selection of fabrics, lots of soft greys, Liberty, Tilda, C&S, and favourite ginghams, along with my hoarded - very few - vintage fabrics and a couple of doilies.

The backing is a wide floral dandelion fabric in 2-tone greys. And, rather than going for the final 'pack a punch' look, I went with a soft mauve AMH print for my binding. The quilt seemed to want a pretty pastel finish. My finished quilt measures 53" x 76". 












Loving my vintage bits & pieces together with just a touch of modern charm here.
Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here
and with Alycia for 'finished{or not}friday' over here
and with Wendy too for this weekend's 'peacock party' here

Until next time, Linda

12 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Wow, it's a stunner!

Louise said...

Oh, the mauve/lavender binding is just right on this beauty! Hooray for a wonderful finish! :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh it's a beautiful quilt Linda!! I love the soft colours, very calming indeed and the quilting pattern by Leeanne is spot on!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Beautiful quilt and the quilting is amazing. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

O'Quilts said...

This is one of the most lovely Meadowland quilts I have seen...just beautiful

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful -- just beautiful.

Karen S said...

A lovely finish. I do like the softer look n this one. Gorgeous fabrics as always.

Ann said...

What a lovely quilt. And finished! Thanks for sharing your process with us throughout. Congratulations.

Dawn Gill said...

oh, this is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing

Karen's Korner said...

A beautiful finish. Well done.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Very soft, pretty Meadowland!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I like it!! and the quilting looks great on it!!