Tuesday 5 November 2019

spotted in a crowd ...

I'm working on a couple of things at the moment, including this new project - 
spotted in a crowd . . . oops no, in a field of wildflowers!  







Let me introduce my new favourite WiP just now (= getting all my attention) and features a scrappy selection of floral prints and a very intense colour palette of pinks & gold. My inspiration came mainly from Bari J's ig feed over here - loving the colours in her new modern maximalist master bedroom makeover!


{collage posted with permission}

I've made a few adjustments to the 'quilty stars' pattern. My quilt is smaller, 3 blocks by 3, mainly because I didn't have enough stripe to go any bigger! And I've also altered the size of my sashings & borders slightly.
Unlike the pattern, my center squares are all in assorted bright pinks not white, plus the sashing is stripey instead of white as well.

One thing I have started doing recently, is to liven up my old scraps with a designer treat, and I've been dying to use this AMH animal print somehow. somewhere. It ended up being my background throughout the quilt. {for more pics of "spotted in a crowd" fabric see here.}

Here's a few progress photos . . .






If you've been following me on social media {here
you may have seen one of the first blocks I made. 















See here over on ig for lots of other versions of this versatile 'quilty stars' pattern
And, if you love a bit of animal print in your quilts, 
check out Marisa's feed over here for a great 'wedding ring' quilt WiP

Until next time, Linda


11 comments:

Susan said...

I love the combination of the AMH leopard print and the pink stripe. You have recreated the inspiration photo from Bari J SO well!!!

LA Paylor said...

I really like that scrappy star pattern
LeeAnna

Sue Rostron said...

I am just in awe of your colour use and combinations. So different and exciting.

Gemini Jen NZ said...

I do love seeing fabrics used in unexpected ways or places - that animal print is super cool!

audrey said...

Ooh, love the pink and white striped fabric! Great choice to blend in with the animal print background fabrics too. I had to go back and take a look at the scrappy centers of your stars. Very well done!

gayle said...

That leopard print is absolutely amazing as the backgrounds! I never would have thought of it, and it's now my favorite thing! And those stripy sashings are fabulous, too!

Julie said...

That is very different but very you, and it works. Love your inspiration al colour palette. I could see this quilt as one being pulled out in late autumn with those colours..

Karen S said...

What a great way to use the animal prin. It looks amazing in the blocks.

Ann said...

Wow. What fun to see where your inspiration came from and how cleverly you mixed your fabrics. What a joyful quilt. The leopard print and the stripes work unexpectedly well together. Congratulations on this beauty.

Mystic Quilter said...

Your idea to go with multi colour squares in the centres makes such a difference to the block, needless to say I think it's a beauty. I love the AMH print !

Wonky Girl said...

That is one cool quilt !