Saturday 25 January 2020

aunt Bet's quilt revisited

This week, in an attempt to ease that feeling of WiP overwhelm, I brought some pieces of a quilt out and left them all spread out on the spare chair ... and I fell in love with it again!


When my “lights” scrap bin was overflowing late last year, I decided to make another 'aunt Bet's' quilt. I like how Jo's pattern has that informal improv look, great for combining colours & fabrics, and still has a somewhat scrappy eclectic look that I love. And, even for an experienced quilter, it’s just nice to sit back, follow a pattern and simply sew once in a while.
I added a lovely new piece into the original mix, Anna Maria's 'front walk' in soft peachy beige, repeating it several times to help link up the colours over the quilt.
















 Linking up this weekend with Wendy for the 'peacock party' here
Until next time, Linda


10 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

These fabrics work so wonderful in this rather simple pattern! Makes me want to make one! Happy weekend!

QuiltGram said...

I immediately fell in love with this quilt. I am just four blocks shy of the168 needed for my first low volume quilt. It’s just a simple 2,5 inch block with four rectangles around it of 4.5 inches. So it finishes at 6 inches. I’m ending up with tons of cut 4.5 inch strips and last night was busy thinking what i will do with them. I think that’s why I immediately fell in love with your quilt. ( Yes, I did track down this pattern.). My immediate thought when I saw this quilt was, “Boy, what a story I could tell you”. I loved the feedback from the quilt!. Thanks for posting.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Have the pattern - used it to make a backing for DH's retirement quilt using many of his former dress shirts. Have always intended to make another using a different set of fabrics - thanks for the nudge to revisit that idea. Your version is LOVELY!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like the softness of the colors in this quilt. It does say that it has a story already.

Robin said...

I love it when enough time and distance has passed from doing a project that I am no longer tired of it and can love it again. This will be a fun quilt to complete.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

This looks like such a fun design. Love the fabrics you've used too.

Karyn said...

It has a very summery feel. Nice.

Karen S said...

It is lovely to see how well the fabrics play together.

BizarreQuilter said...

Great strategy!! I like to leave a project in sight when I am stitching to make inspire me to finish something current so that I can start something!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely fresh feel to your quilt and not a complex pattern, think I might have to buy this one, I have two of her other quilt patterns - yet to make!