Tuesday 10 May 2022

finally... binding time







- progress collage


















My Bear Paw quilt is finally done! I was really wanting this one to look vintage (as if you had pulled it from your grandmother’s closet) so I started out with a very pretty bundle of vintage blooms, "Posy" FQ's by Annabel Wrigley and I teamed them up with different neutral backgrounds. A real scrappy spin on a classic block!

I made 14.5” Bear Paw blocks set with 2.5” sashing strips & a wider border in several off white/greys. {The Fat Quarter Shop has a free pattern for the Bear Paw block}. For backing, I used the sweetest backing fabric 'head in the clouds' by Windham and my binding was a scrappy selection of leftover 'posy' fabrics.
I had it quilted by Leeanne from quiltmekiwi, and I chose an edge to edge Baptist Fan, super happy with the look. Finished quilt measures 56" x 56".
Until next time, Linda

11 comments:

Karen S said...

That is a wonderful finish. I always love the bear paw block. I think you have achieved your goal with the gorgeous fabrics you have selected. And the baptist fan quilting is perfect.

dutchcomfort said...

Really beautiful Linda!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Ohhh ..... such beautiful scrappy goodness. I love it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your variations of the Bear Paw block. It is one of my favorite blocks and I can see another quilt in my future.....but I really should put the sashing between the brown/gold/green/blue blocks that I made a few months ago first. Yours is very vintage looking. I think that block looks great in any type of fabric.

Mystic Quilter said...

This is a dreamy version of Bear Paw Linda -I love it!! A lovely collection of fabrics.

Anonymous said...

Lovely fabrics in this very pretty quilt. Love the Bear Paws pattern and the backing is super.

Anonymous said...

SO pretty - I love this!!!! (Quiltdivajulie)

Anonymous said...

The pretty fabrics you have chosen for your Bear Paws Quilt are perfect. A lovely finish, one you will so enjoy having on your bed.

audrey said...

I don't know how you do it, but your quilts always look so happy!:)

Kleine Vingers said...

Love the colours you used, it looks fresh and has a retro feel about it. Love it.

QuiltGranma said...

love this!