Thursday 12 May 2022

crossroads quilt








- progress collage




- a little binding collage showing fabric detail, use & scale



















And, we’re done! My ‘Crossroads’ quilt, {pattern from Treehouse Textiles} is a delightfully scrappy quilt, with a real vintage vibe. I've included some of my favourite fabrics from several years of stash building in this quilt!

For my backing I chose a wide quilt back, Ruby Star 'shell' in cotton sateen. It's so soft & silky, and makes for a super light weight quilt. 
Home quilting every quilt I make is proving tricky so I had Leeanne from quiltmekiwi machine quilt this one. I chose in an edge-to-edge pattern called 'ripples', and am very happy with the result. There's a gentle texture while still showing off the quilt design. 
The binding was a tad difficult to chose, but I ended up with an Alison Glass tone-on-tone blues. Blue seems to go with most things I sew, and with this quilt I felt it reflected the teal in my centre squares nicely and highlighted the blues in the backing fabric. My finished quilt measures approx. 70" x 58".
Linking up with Kelly for NNT here and with Cynthia over here for 'oh scrap'.

Until next time, Linda


13 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a very good variety of fabric it looks great!

Julierose said...

What a lovely finish on the Crossroads Quilt!! I love all the beautiful scrappy blocks...so pretty...hugs, Julierose

Denise R. said...

I love your quilt so much that I ordered the digital download to make it. It's gorgeous!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

As a child of the 40s and 50s, this has a definite vintage vibe and reminds me of the fabrics in my clothing in those times. Also reminiscent of the first fabrics I played with as I tried patchwork in the 1950s. It is so pretty and your piecing is perfection.

sue s said...

Love this!! I have her pattern and it's on my list!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

I love the vintagey feel of this quilt!

dutchcomfort said...

A real wannamake quilt! Great fabrics and quilting!

Rebecca Grace said...

Another beautiful finish for you! You have such a knack for selecting and combining complementary fabric prints.

Bonnie said...

That pattern is great for using so many wonderful fabrics. Don't you feel terrific for using up a lot of scraps? The quilting is terrific.

Karen S said...

You already know how much I love this design! Your finished quilt is a delight. Gorgeous fabric combinations and such a wonderful scrappy look. Great choice of quilting design, too. This has turned out so well. It would be tempting to make lots of these quilts.

Kleine Vingers said...

Love how your quilts always look so fresh

Verveine&Lin said...

C'est une merveille, je l'adore !

Sara en Marie said...

This is everything a quilt should be. I made a nine patch similar to this pattern (but with square blocks, not rectangles) for my mom's couch. It has dusty pink centers, but I really like your teal as well!