Sunday 1 May 2022

colour on the wall




- auditioning setting triangles and binding


- most of my piecing is done with off-white or light grey thread, 
so I had to rummage around to find colourful threads to match my ric-rac trims








I've been faffing around this weekend with my "Tickety - Boo" quilt blocks up on the design wall, making a few more and reshuffling things around. I'm running out of those colourful Jennifer Paganelli fabrics now, {wink wink} so I have repeated a couple.
Such a fun quilt to make. Adding the ric-rac trim makes machine sewing those curves a breeze and adds that special touch of nostalgic whimsy. 

I just need an hour or two to get it all stitched up together, but super happy meantime having all this joyful colour up on my design wall.

Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here and with Kelly for NTT over here - grab a coffee & pop on over to see what everyone else has been busy making too. 

10 comments:

Sue Rostron said...

I think it's absolutely gorgeous and now want to make one.

dutchcomfort said...

Yeah!! I love the flower setting blocks! They fit so well!!

Karen S said...

I think it is looking wonderful with all the lovely colours and lots of spots.

Julierose said...

I love how whimsical this one is turning out;)) That rick-rack is just the perfect touch...nice work hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the quilt top is so colorful and pretty already a beauty and not even done!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It really is joyful color, so pretty. I've never used ric-rac on a quilt. It is just so charming!

gladiquilts said...

This is looking lovely. Isn’t it fun choosing just the right combinations of fabrics and ric-rac for each block and then seeing it all come together so well?! It’s such a happy piece.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This quilt design is on my list. I love the fabrics you have used in yours. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Kaja said...

You have so many dotty fabrics! What a lot of fun, matching tall your pretty colours with just the right background. The result really is joyful.

Mystic Quilter said...

Once again you have used delicious fabrics, congratulations on a stunning quilt op.