Monday 7 November 2022

Festival of Quilts

Glenys and I had a great morning at the Auckland Festival of Quilts this weekend. There were over 300 quilts on display, along with the smaller challenge quilts and two exhibitions. A little shopping was undertaken, but we mainly spent time viewing all the wonderful quilts. Here's a selection of the ones that caught my eye, with a brief note detailing each one.  Enjoy ...

First up, my viewer's choice vote went to Rebecca Bishop for her delightful version of a Wendy William's design. It made me smile 😍














The lighting was a little tricky with this pic, but my gosh Fay's embroidery was stunning ...

























































Love the flowers in this pixelated quilt ...




And this was such a fun quilt, using lots of recycled jeans 
and lots of little stitches ...















It was so lovely to have a show again and to catch up with so many friends.
To see more quilt show pics pop on over to Raewyn at stitchingfarmgirl
and there's a few more pics over at  wendysquiltsandmore 

Linda


11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that first quilt you show so much!

Susan said...

Wow! What an awesome quilt show! Some favourites for me- the simplicity of the temperature quilt, the colour and movement in Flora, and Folk Flowers with its wonderful gradient setting. Thanks for sharing it with us. I wonder why some of the artist statements were incomplete?

Claire said...

Thanks for a vicarious visit to the show! Nice variety. I drooled over more than one.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Now THAT is a quilt show! Thank you for sharing your photos!

MissPat said...

Thanks for the virtual quilt show. So many beautiful, intricate and whimsical quilts. I absolutely loved Robyn Rognstad's artist statement.
Pat

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm so pleased you posted your photos here Linda - I was thrilled to see them in your email - apologies for not replying. Hav ing looked through a few times my favourite is Pattern Behaviour, great look of deconstruction and so full of colour.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Hi Susan,
Glad you enjoyed the photos.
I suspect that the notices for some were incomplete ‘cos the rest of the info was on the back of the cards... and I didn’t have my glasses on at the time to notice LOL!

Karen S said...

It all looks so wonderful. I can't wait until we have our big quilt show back here next April.

Ann said...

Thank you for sharing so many delightful quilts. I would never have been able to see them otherwise. The spiderweb reminds me it's still on my list of quilts to make. Such glorious fabrics.

Raewyn said...

So good to see your photos Linda - and I'm sure I didn't even see some of the quilts you have shared here! Your viewer's choice was also one of my favourites :-) It sounds like you had an enjoyable time at the show. Roll on the next one!

Karyn said...

Great to see so many Monday Modern girls” quilts in your line up. Must be time you came back for a visit🙂