Tuesday 22 November 2022

off the wall



This week I've been tackling an older WiP. I decided it was time to get those blocks down off the "design wall" before they fell down! They've been up there for  oops, no it's more like 6 months now. Here's a few progress pics...






I'm teaming up an eclectic mix of fabrics, old & new. Those of you who have been sewing for a few years may recognise both the fabrics I've chosen for my setting triangles, a chintz Cranston print and 'Kindred Spirits' Moda. I had to dig deep to find these as I don't have many appealing softer browns in my stash ...





- binding decision made too ✅















So, I started out using Emma @treehouse textiles pattern, the long weekend quilt. I changed things up a bit - my squares are a different size and I made nine smaller blocks, each with concentric rounds of colour, rather than Emma's four larger trip around the world blocks. 
I used a similar palette to Emma's though, loving this delightful vintage-y pink/blue/brown combo. {wink wink} You may spot the odd imperfectly perfect block here!
Finished quilt top measures 60" x 60". 

Super happy to get this down off the wall finally.
Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here  

Until next time, Linda



7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like that stripe you will use for binding and it is so good to see old fabrics mixed with new

Julierose said...

I love that "eclectic look" a lot...good for you getting to doing it!!
Hugs, julierose

Linda said...

Your combinations of old and new fabrics have created a lovely quilt top. Good choice of binding too - I always think a stripe is an effective binding choice.

Lin said...

Very nice homely scrappy quilt. xx

Denice Barker said...

I'm going to dig out the chintz in the closet hiding under a pile of other stuff and use it! I'm staring at this and wondering how you merged one set to another

audrey said...

This quilt is super sweet. I think the gingham bits add that almost old fashioned vibe that gives it such a charming look and feel. Really great blend of fabrics and colors. I feel like I tell you that all the time, but it's true!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh yes, Cranston Printworks take me back quite a while! The little flowered triangle fillers and the border I can remember buying many years ago, I still have a little left, somewhere in one of my baskets. I like your fabric mix here and had to smile at the title of the quilt The Long Weekend Quilt after reading that the quilt had been sitting for 6 months on your design wall.