I'm back in the sewing room today after four weeks of no sewing! I started making lots of nine patch blocks. I'm loosely following Jeni Bakers recent pattern, "Floral Chain", a fun twist on the traditional Irish Chain quilt. I'm using a yummy wide backing floral as my fabric inspiration, Ruby Star Society Camellia.
I sorted out a scrappy mix of fabrics, lots of toasty golds, along with some added interest from those little pops of turquoise and pinks... a tad more restrained than my usual I think, but I'm pleased with how things are looking.
I wanted the chain pattern happening with the low volume lights, so my alternate 'flower' blocks are definitely higher contrast, but not nearly all, giving a subtly broken chain. And unlike the pattern, I've cut my strips 3 1/2" wide resulting in 9 1/2" blocks.
20 blocks down on the design floor today ... more to follow...