Tuesday 6 December 2022

some assembly required


Need a vibrant picture to start your day ...



I'm now starting to assemble the pas de deux quilt top, my modern sampler quilt, designed by Rachel at stitchedincolor. I finished the last two ensembles the other day - the economy blocks and (my version) the orange peel blocks.
I'm loving all the separate little groups of fabric magic in this, made from my scrappy stash and laced with memories from the whole year. I’ve also enjoyed getting to know the other quilters making it too, everyone's quilts are all so terrific and different.

As you can see, some assembly is certainly required ... I may be sometime!



3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I thought seriously about making this, then realized I would never follow through so I have very much enjoyed watching your journey. Congratulations on reaching the assembly point!

audrey said...

The colors in this are amazing. Nothing like a good puzzle to keep things interesting!

Mystic Quilter said...

I also considered this one but with hindsight it's good that I didn't go ahead. Good for you reaching the next stage - assembly, it's going to be a beautiful quilt!