Tuesday 27 December 2022

best of 2022

Before 2023 rolls in,
I thought I'd share MY five favourite posts from 2022...




Click on any of the links to be taken to the actual blog post 
for more pics & details.

Courthouse Steps quilt, read more about the quilt here - I've been super keen to have a go at spicing up this block, the classic courthouse steps. Lots of colour blocking & fabric play happening with this quilt. The pretty star quilting pattern called 'compass rose' adds the ultimate texture.

Tickety-Boo quilt, see my post here - A fabulous fusion of fun fabrics, both back & front! I've used lots of Jennifer Paganelli prints and added Kaffe spots into the mix as well. Loads of lovely ric-rac in a variety of sizes and colours add an extra textural delight.

Broken Dishes quilt, see my post back here - I used a selection of Outback Wife now-hard-to-find fabrics along with some Karen Lewis fabrics and a few ginghams. The larger blocks and the random placing of fabric combinations not only shows off the fabric but gives the quilt a modern feel too.

Crossroads quilt, check out this post here - I would describe this quilt as controlled scrappy. Two pieces of coordinating fabrics were used for each block, and I added a teal solid for the center squares, then combine a darker teal for the binding to tie it altogether.

Trippy quilt, read more about the quilt here - This was a super quick make. I love this scrappy delight, the colour combination and the randomness of the design speak to my heart on so many levels. And the final zing of that two-toned pink/rose stripe binding makes me smile. 


Linking up with the Best of 2022 at Meadow Mist Designs here
To see lots more creativity & colour
click on the link and have fun reading about everyone’s favourite posts for 2022


Happy New Year
🍹🍷🍸

Linda


7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are all wonderful quilts

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love your collage of favorite quilts, Linda! Your color choices are always soft and pretty, which makes them so appealing. Happy quilting in 2023!

Astrid said...

Beautiful quilts. Happy quilting 2023!

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy you chose these five as your favourites, all beautifully scrappy and each one a gem!

Susan Smith said...

Lovely collage of some beautiful quilts. Well done & although I can't do collage I can see we don't necessarily have to do best of posts. Take care & hugs from Oz.

Cheryl said...

These are fabulous finishes for 2022, I love all of the different prints in each. Thanks for linking up!

Kaja said...

I loved these finishes as they happened, so it's a great way to end the year, having them all rounded up in one place. Happy New Year!