Thursday 24 March 2022

a quick 'trippy' quilt


Here's what I finished up yesterday - my little 'Trippy' quilt. It was a super quick make. And I'm loving this scrappy delight, the colour combination and the randomness of the design speak to my heart on so many levels.





Nothing shows texture better than quilting, and I am currently exploring more ways to machine quilt my quilts. Right now I’m in love with simple straight-line quilting - I’m not marking any lines, just quilting diagonally through the squares.



















Quilt details:
Trippy quilt
Fabrics are a mix of art gallery, AMH, Karen Lewis and a healthy dose of low volumes, 
all from my stash here. 
Inspiration & pattern from southerncharmquilts
The backing is a teal vintage lawn from my stash.
Quilted on my domestic machine with a simple crosshatch.
Wool/polyester batting which {along with an open quilting pattern} gives a lovely soft cuddly drape
Binding: loving the zing of this two toned pink/rose stripe 'sonnet dusk' by Riley Blake
Finished quilt measures 54" x 40". 
This little quilt is off already to it's new home!

Linking up with Kelly for "needle and thread Thursday" here
Linda

8 comments:

Astrid said...

Congrats on the finish! So pretty! The backing and binding are perfect.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That quilt is so pretty and I love your choice for binding.

Kaja said...

My first thought was "ooh, that binding!". I just love how that colour works with the rest of the quilt.

audrey said...

Ooh, the backing really is perfect for this quilt and your binding is lovely too. Makes everything 'pop'! Wonderful finish.:)

Karen S said...

That has turned out so well. It is a lovely finish.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice finish Linda - always love a scrappy TAW.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love your colors, the binding and the design!!!

Aby Dolinger said...

Very Pretty! I like the contrast between very light and the prints you used.