Tuesday 1 March 2022

scrapilicious

 


- reshuffling blocks around down on the design floor


- cutting into a few early Denyse Schmidt fabrics, 
love how they add to the vintage vibe





- on the bed in the afternoon sunshine





Super happy with this scrapalicious quilt top! I was going for 56 blocks, but I realised that because I'd enlarged the pattern a smidgeon, my quilt was a good size with 36 blocks, yes! 

Sewing the blocks was easy peasey, it was choosing fabrics and the cutting that took me a little time. 
There were a few things I was mindful of as I chose my fabrics for this … as my centre squares were all a teal/green solid, I wanted a good proportion of my other fabrics to have some teal and/or green too, to tie up with those centres.
Also, because my stash is predominantly medium value florals, I wanted to make sure I had a good mix of spots & plaids and lights & darks to ensure some contrast was happening.
Yet again my obsession with collecting spots and stripes has paid off. Highly recommend the practice! 

My finished quilt top measures approx. 70" x 58". Pop over here to see lots of other versions. Pattern available at treehousetextiles.

6 comments:

Karen S said...

Love it. What a great quilt top!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks like you were able to use a lot of scraps with this it turned out really well.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a lovely quilt design, Linda! I love the florals, plaids, and dots all mixed together. I enjoyed all the close-ups of your blocks, too!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You have a great variety of prints in this one. I love scrappy quilts.

audrey said...

This is a wonderful version of this pattern! You definitely have a way with putting prints together.:)

gayle said...

Oh, you can never go wrong collecting spots and stripes! (Though I was surprised when I pulled my pinks recently and discovered that almost all of them involved polka dots...)
I really do admire your touch with florals! What a fabulous top!