Thursday 10 March 2022

trust the process


Here's my March Sawtooth Burst block {+ a little filler block} for the pas de deux QAL,
a modern sampler quilt designed by Rachel at stitchedincolor .









I'm loving all the separate little groups of fabric magic in this QAL,
and playing with colour & value is my "happy" place!  
Each monthly ensemble is composed of two main colours {aka the two main dancers}
and this latest block certainly bursts into life using a range of values to create movement & energy. 

It is a little bit hard though, 
waiting a whole month between block instructions & wondering if this is all going to gel together okay 
- just have to trust the process I guess
The upside is that this quilt will be laced with memories from the whole year!
And I’m enjoying getting to know the other quilters making it too

Meantime {wink wink} I'm sure
I have a few other sewing projects happening around here that I can be busy with! 
Linking up with Kelly for NTT here

Linda 

10 comments:

Lin said...

It's beautiful! I love the roses.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Isn't that amazing?! That block could be a whole quilt all by itself - just keep adding the HSTs!

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

This really grabbed my attention. Love the reds in the center fading outward with the aqua contrast. It really could be a quilt all by itself. How fun it will be to see all the blocks for the QAL come together.

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh my goodness, Linda, this is GORGEOUS!!! I spy some of my favorite AMH prints in there, too. So curious about your other secret projects, too, but I guess we'll just have to wait for those!

Suz J said...

This block is simply amazing - I love the colours and fabrics. I know what you mean about wondering how it's all going to look but it's also not a mystery, so you know what's going where. You can make some minor changes to colours as you lay out adjoining blocks if you feel like there's discord.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful block Linda, love the aqua fabrics you've used they're perfect with the red. Comments of necessity are brief right now but I shall catch up with how your project is going later today!

FlourishingPalms said...

This is such a pretty block! More so because I'm not typically attracted to floral prints. But that rose color with the seafoam/aqua is a lovely combination. I think your quilt is going to turn out great... even if we ALL have to wait to see how it comes together. Patience, Grasshopper. :-)

Karen S said...

I think it is a lovely block, gorgeous colours!

Marie said...

Just magnificent. Love it!

QuiltGranma said...

The color play on that block is luscious!