Monday 17 April 2023

string quilt love ❤️

















My "Evie" quilt is a sweet little string quilt I started way back in August 2021 {check back here}, using a pattern I downloaded by Tara @quiltdistrict {see here}. Her quilt was inspired by a delightful vintage quilt in her collection, and I must admit this quilt captured my heart straight away too as one of my granddaughters is called Evie!

Lots of strings and scraps in checks, spots, vintage florals and leftover pieces were used in this scrappy delight! I had it machine quilted in an edge-to-edge pattern called 'Van Gogh' by Leeanne from quiltmekiwi. I backed it with a vintage sheet, and I finished everything off with the teal binding. 

Loving the secondary circular patterns in this one! 
Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here
❤️

11 comments:

Kleine Vingers said...

It is a lovely fresh looking quilt, I like it a lot

dutchcomfort said...

Beautiful finish, love the blues!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty one, Linda! I love the blues and the black and white prints. Neat design, too! Congratulations on the finish!

Bonnie said...

What a great quilt you finished! Somewhere around here I have info about making one using fabric rather than strings. I like those strings a lot! Hum, I wonder ... no must finished things already started...

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

This is so terrific and reminds me of a kaleidoscope pattern. Lots of movement, very fun.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Imagine the chances of that...a quilt with your granddaughter's name! And what a beautiful quilt it is too... worthy of the pretty name. Wonderful way to use up strings too.

Ann said...

A beautiful kaleidoscope. I hadn’t considered matching the darks across the blocks. What a difference it makes to the design. Your color choices look very fresh. Hooray, you.

Mystic Quilter said...

You have captured the vintage look here Linda, perfect fabrics.

Kaja said...

I agree with Ann, that matching the darks is a really good way to go. I like how it feels crisp and clean and bright, but you have little unexpected moments that mean I have to go back and look again. Also, your quilt photos are really good!

Karen S said...

Another wonderful finish. The blues in this quilt are lovely together with the spots. A gorgeous scrappy quilt!

Rebecca Grace said...

Your Evie quilt turned out fabulous, Linda! Congratulations!