Thursday 1 February 2024

progress


Making fabric decisions takes time, but I'm happy to report there's been some progress with my BBQAL. A bit of border planning happened today to get a sense of the finished size of my improv quilt top and if I have enough fabric here that actually works with my colour palette.
I'm using all stash so far ... super happy to have finally found somewhere to use the Phillip Jacobs 'summer bouquet' in blue✅ 
I'm loving mixing up these bright & bold beauties, think 70's - orange - flowers.







Enough now? Or maybe I'll add another row.
Linda


8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

You are doing a wonderful job, this improv quilt is looking so pretty! Happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those border ideas go so well with the bright flowers in the middle - I do think I like this one the best of all the BBQAL's that I have seen so far

Marie said...

Oh my! This is coming along beautifully! No surprise.

Quilting Babcia said...

A gorgeous batch of borders, this is going to be a thoroughly modern medallion quilt in the traditional style! Kudos for getting this all put together so efficiently.

Janie said...

Yes, exciting borders! The orange floral with the various turquoise and blues is stunning.
So much inspiration here.

Nancy said...

You are making great strides with BB1, Linda. It looks great! Your fabrics look beautiful the way you have used them. With the layout you have now, what size will the quilt be?

Linda said...

Just spent a lovely time looking through your last few posts. Such a feast of colours. As always your beautiful fabrics are allowed to sing in your designs.

Linda said...

Just spent a lovely time looking through your last few posts. Such a feast of colours. As always your beautiful fabrics are allowed to sing in your designs.