Do you have old works-in-progress that you don’t love or blocks that you don’t want to make into anything? Well yes, of course we all do! Cynthia from quilting is more fun than housework is hosting an Orphan Adoption Event Saturday June 6, 2015. This is a one day event and everything must be given away for free.You can offer as much or as little as you wish, blocks, patterns, kits, anything that you hope someone else can use. A perfect chance to give away your unfinished projects to someone who will love them and make something from them, or maybe turn them into a quilt for charity.
I have two unfinished projects that I am abandoning. So, here we go with just a few easy details from me...
- Simply leave a comment, stating clearly which project you are interested in and the charity or person you'd like to make it for.
This post will be open for offers until Saturday June 13.EDIT: Saturday (NZ) June 13 This offer is now closed. Announcing the winners very soon! Thanks to everyone who joined in the fun!
- I will be selecting the winners here at kokaquilts after June 13.
- If there is more than one person interested in a particular project, I will draw names from a hat.
- I am in Auckland NZ, and happy to pay for postage/shipping costs overseas
- Please include your contact details if you are a no-reply blogger
UNFINISHED PROJECT #1He- he, I'm really not an applique kinda gal! Simple Pleasures is an old BOM with patterns & fabric for 12 applique flower blocks. Four blocks completed, by machine applique. (but can be either hand or machine applique) Border fabric & pattern also included.
close up of two of the completed blocks
UNFINISHED PROJECT #2Pretty in Pastels... a quilt top in assorted Kaffe pastel fabrics, a couple of which are hard to find now. A sort of 'slice & shuffle' pattern, with repeat blocks rotated randomly. Inner stripey border finished size 5cms, outer floral border finished size 12cms. Quilt top only, finished size measuring 125 cms x 155 cms.
If you are keen to finish one of these items up and give it a good home, then join in the fun!
Linking up today with Cynthia here for the orphan adoption event
- pop on over to see what others are giving away too!