Wednesday 12 February 2020

and then there were nine









up on the design wall . . .





- On the left are six of my new blocks 
and on the right, my earlier scrappy version of the same quilt
Hm-m-m- are you thinking what I'm thinking?





Lots of people  #meadowlandqal2020 are making all-solid versions, which the pattern also lends itself very nicely to, but somehow it’s just not me. I've chosen to use 12 FQ's - low key prints with a couple of solids - and am enjoying this more ‘refined’ selection of fabrics. I think too, in the way the same fabrics are repeated in three different places over the quilt, there's a sense of calm washing over this quilt top.



Just a few more blocks to go
Linking up with Kelly for 'needle and thread Thursday' here at myquiltinfatuation

Until next time, Linda

11 comments:

Preeti said...

You are off to a fabulous start. These blocks will make a lovely quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks great - love all the colors you are using

Mystic Quilter said...

Great progress and the fabric choice is making beautiful blocks.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

I really like your version, the colours play well together. Lovely blocks.

Ann said...

The large blocks really let your beautiful fabric shine. It's so restful.

Karen S said...

This is coming together very nicely. You have made the most of the fabrics in this one.

Susan said...

What fun to mix them up! A lovely version of the block and the quilt.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I adore your version. The more prints the better!

Kaja said...

Your choices of fabric are creating a very restful feel and I like those bits of solid in the mix - just the right amount of them for my eye.

audrey said...

It's like you new blocks are a cleaned up version. Both are wonderful but definitely have a different vibe. So interesting to see them side by side.:)

Suz J said...

Keeping the same background fabric affects the overall quilt so much with this pattern. I used the same fabric in the corners, but added some variation in the center squares and this was enough to also change the way the fabrics played together!