Monday 24 February 2020

meadowland #2 top finished

I do usually finish my quilt tops but not all are quilted - it really depends on whether the quilt is destined for a particular purpose. Sound familiar?
Loved to hear your stumbling points . . . fabric choices? stickability for repetitve piecing? quilting? binding? And your favourite part of quilting?

Here's a few progress pics of my latest finish, 'meadowland' quilt . . .











As Suz from allthegoodonesaretaken recently commented, keeping the same background fabric affects the overall quilt so much with this pattern. I used the same fabric in the corners and in the center squares, 'crochet' by Alison Glass.











Oh, and I'm sure you can guess... my favourite part of quilting?
... is choosing fabrics and mixing it all up!

Linking up with Kelly for 'needle and thread Thursday' here
Until next time, Linda


8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your quilt top turned out perfect!

Raewyn said...

Well done on the finish, Linda - it loos great!

audrey said...

This turned out so lovely. Very sweet looking! I think my sticking points are different depending on the quilt. Sometimes its boredom as I feel like I know exactly how the quilt will turn out. Other times, it's a decision that I just can't quite bring myself to make because perhaps there is a 'better' decision that just hasn't made itself known to me yet. Other times I honestly don't want to waste an inch of the fabric as its too precious and so I stall and stall and stall. The worst part of quilting to me is the sandwich and pinning and then if I feel like it needs machine quilting? Ughh.. Totally hate doing that.:)

gayle said...

This seemed to go together quickly, especially since you took a vacation in there somewhere! Lovely top beautifully sewn!

Kaja said...

Choosing fabrics and piecing are definitely my favourite parts. I've never failed to finish a quilt (eventually) though I am considering chopping up and reworking one at the moment.

Karen S said...

This is a great looking flimsy. Lovely combinations.

Jayne said...

It turned out great! I always have a hard time picking fabrics, especially if they are prints. You did a fantastic job at that.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely fresh looking quilt with clean lines - congratulations on another Meadowland quilt!