Saturday 24 April 2021

binding day

It was binding day today for this quilt, the last of my recent throw sized quilts. Once the binding decision was made, it didn't take long to get it all stitched down, et voila... a little finish to share.
This is my version of  the 'sidewalk chalk' quilt. If you follow the link here to see other versions, you may notice that many have gone down the all-solids path. It was a fun and fast make, a great way to sew “random with a plan” with just the right mix of planning and surprises.

I had it machine quilted a while back in a vertical edge-to-edge pattern called 'ripples' by Leeanne from 'quilt me kiwi'.  For my binding I used a multi-coloured Kaffe print 'persian garden' in rust, which might seem like an unlikely choice, but I think it works. The finished quilt measures 47" x 53". 



















Linking up this little finish with Cyndy for 'oh scrap' here 

Until next time, Linda


7 comments:

Kaja said...

I especially love the colours you have used on this, Linda.

Susan said...

This is so lovely- the pretty colour palette, the variety of prints and the interesting yet cohesive shapes! Another beauty Linda.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Like the other 2 commenters, I love the colors. Your variety of values in the prints create an illusion of reflections of the brighter colors and the variety of shapes keeps the eye moving all over to capture it all.

Robin said...

I think the binding is terrific.

audrey said...

Aww, what a cheery looking quilt! It has the perfect amount of light background and little pops of floral. Love it!:)

pandchintz said...

That’s a sweet quilt and another finish for you!!

Karen S said...

Another gorgeous finish. Love the quilting on that one, too.