Friday 4 June 2021

48 scrappy vintage-y log cabin blocks


48 scrappy vintage-y log cabin blocks = one scrappy vintage-y quilt!























and a 'behind the seams' pic . . .

 





As well as stitching down bindings this week, I've also spent a bit of time slowly stitching up more wonky log cabin blocks for the outer border of my latest quilt. These log cabin blocks are ones where the usual lines between the lights & darks get a little blurred, especially with the outer rounds of  'logs'. Just to keep things interesting! 
After rummaging through my scrap baskets, I ended up using a selection of busy prints, including quite a few fabrics from assorted Denyse Schmidt collections. They are such a great mix of different colours and prints, perfect to add to my scrappy vintage look. This has been a real trip down memory lane, with lots of scrap happy snippets of fabric from over the years, and {wink wink} I'm definitely a quilter who likes to use those florals! 

Finished quilt top measures 67" x 89" - I haven't made a quilt quite this big for a while! 

Super excited to have another quilt top finish this week. I like the way that it all came together and I'm looking forward to having it quilted up and gifting it. Linking up with Wendy for this weekends 'peacock party' here and with Cyndy for 'oh scrap' over here - pop on over to check out what else is going on in the quilting world!

Until next time, Linda

10 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Everything a scrap quilt should be, great job. I love that you chose turquoise for the centres!

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is a lovely quilt, I bet it was a lot of fun to piece too.

Robin said...

This quilt looks so fun to make, what an assortment of fabrics. Nice work. Those aqua centers really make the quilt top sparkle.

audrey said...

I always enjoy your scrappy projects the best! This looks so very cozy!:)

FlourishingPalms said...

How pretty! This hits a double for me - the scrappiness of it, and those beautiful aqua log cabin "hearth" centers. It never fails to surprise me how many ways log cabin blocks can be arranged. You must be proud of this one, and feeling self-satisfied about using up so many scraps. Great job!

Karen S said...

Lovely. I always enjoy your combinations. Great finish.

cspoonquilt said...

It really looks great on the bed! I love the way you worked the light and darks. It's hard to beat a log cabin quilt for cozy and wonderful!

Mystic Quilter said...

A beautiful top Linda, as you say larger than your usual quilts. I like the setting of the blocks very much indeed and love you collage of photos at the end of the post, do you have a special programme for this?

pandchintz said...

Looks fabulous Linda! Congrats on another finish!!

Janie said...

Interesting layout, it looks attractive on the bed. And the close ups of your florals are exciting, what a collection!
Turquoise, always a favorite of mine, good choice.