Sunday 27 June 2021

spots & dots

It's been a wet winter's weekend here. And I've spent  a whole weekend faffing around in the sewing room. I started out initially trying to sort & tidy up my baskets of spot fabrics. However, I got sidetracked quite quickly, as you do, with lots of 16 patch action happening. So here's a splash of Kaffe colour to brighten up your weekend too.

These blocks are a colour story I have not played with recently, inspired by pics in Kaffe's latest book {due out in August}. I've had super fun exploring scale & value with this selection of prints. Who knew I had this many spots & dots to play sew with in my stash! 





Loving this playful mix of spotty dotty fabric 
and, in no particular order, here's how far I got today. . . 




… still raining... still sewing
… Moroccan pork, chickpeas & Kūmara dinner cooking slowly in the oven. 
Could. Not. Be. Happier. 
Linda

11 comments:

Susan said...

I always say there has never been a spot I didn't love! And I absolutely love Kaffe spots! In fact, I remember many years ago wanting to making a 'spot only' quilt! But yours is so inspiring! What size are the squares, please Linda, dear?

Rebecca Grace said...

Ooh, YES! I'm loving your mix of polka dots and florals!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your combinations! I was just looking at my collection of Kaffe spots and thinking about actually cutting into them.........

Linda said...

What a great collection of dot fabrics. They look great in those 16 patch blocks.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The blocks are so very very pretty. You'll end up with another lovely quilt, happy stitching!

Mystic Quilter said...

Your faffing about has had superb results Linda!! I think lots of us have the Kaffe spots in our stash but perhaps don't use as often as we could. 16 patch is always a winner.

Janie said...

Wonderful sixteen patches!
And your dinner sounds delicious, I'll have to give that a try, slow cooked Moroccan pork and chick peas, I'm hungry.

Ann said...

I created a quilt with Freddy using lots of dots. She called her Drunkard's Path variation Freddy Dot Com. What fun. And this is, too. Enjoy yourself.

FlourishingPalms said...

Yes, you sure do have spots! I can count maybe... four of them in my stash? You win! Your quilt is gonna be fun and happy!

gayle said...

Oh! Lotsa dots! Lotsa love!
(It may not be possible to sort spotty fabric without starting at least a couple of blocks...)

Karen S said...

I love your collection of spots and dots. Just wonderful!