Sunday 15 August 2021

show & tell on the Peninsula

It's been awhile, but I finally remembered to take my camera when my friend Glenys & I had our weekly catchup. She has been sewing on & off over the past few months, but like most of us, it's all in-between family & friends, and other life stuff. Here's what's been happening in her sewing room.

First up, her plaid quilt. She chose pink & gold with splashes of green as her colour combo. She had it professionally quilted, with a vintage sheet for backing and a yummy Kaffe stripe for binding. Have a peek . . . 







And her 'coming up roses' quilt is all finished too. It's an early pattern by Sarah Fiekle from the 'material obsession quilt two' book. Glenys started this way back when, tucked it away, then dragged it out recently. Much to her delight, she had actually pieced ALL the 36patch blocks, had the Kaffe border all there ready & waiting, and it was simply a matter of getting it all sewn up together. She had it professionally machine quilted as it's quite large, 285cm {112"} square. 

Scrappy, beautiful border, lots of stripes, what's not to love 💕 







And finally, do you still buy quilting magazines? I haven't for quite a few years now, so I was very surprised when Glenys suggested we go halves in the latest digital issue of Make Modern. And I must say, there were a lot of tempting ideas tucked away in there, like the "One Ways" quilt by Heather Black. It's an easy fun triangle sampler quilt that she & I are both working quietly on in our own little sew-along, here's a collage of her progress …



et moi?
no sewing here this weekend, but still dreaming in colour 🌈
Linda


8 comments:

Janie said...

Gorgeous quilts and fun idea for a sew along!
36 patch blocks!
I like the idea of splitting cost for a sub for a quilt magazine.
Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

No I haven’t bought Quilting magazines for years. Whenever we went to NZ I bought lots, brought them home, picked out ideas and sold them on via eBay! Them I used our NZ library and borrowed various magazines, again looking for ideas. Hope you enjoy your shared purchase.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Both of Glenys' quilts are so pretty. Thanks for sharing! I buy Quilts Japan magazine just because of where I'm living now. For years and years I got Quilters Newsletter Magazine - so long ago now.

Karen S said...

Lovely to have some show and tell. I like the way the fabrics are used in the plaid quilt. Lovely work.

Robin said...

Lovely quilts, thank for sharing. I occasionally buy a Quiltmania magazine. I haven't bought much of anything because with the pandemic confinement. . . I haven't been out shopping.

Preeti said...

So much beauty!!! Thank you for sharing. I am sure you will return to your sewing with renewed energies and loads of inspiration!!!

Ann said...

Glenn’s finished some lovely quilts. What a good time you had visiting. Thanks for sharing the goodies.

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful finish with Coming up Roses from Glenys! I have had this marked in the Sarah Fielke book for a few years but the size was a blocker, I guess I could change the size I don't think I need s 112" quilt.