Sunday 9 January 2022

Daylesford quilt

 





This is my first piece of patchwork for 2022 and I am looking forward to sewing more of this quilt over the next month or so! Today, despite the heat, I did have a little play … and, with the fan going full blast, once I started … I kept on keeping on! 

Late last year I found myself spending a lot of time auditioning fabric after fabric after fabric to cut some strips for my version of Jen Kingwell's "Daylesford" quilt from her book Quilt Recipes. {There's a QAL happening too over on IG here if you are keen to see other quilts from Jen's book.}

I'm trying to stick to a simple palette, but may add a little surprise along the way, 'cos you know, the unexpected adds so much interest! And, I cannot resist a gingham fabric, so you'll regularly see them make an appearance in my quilts too.

So far though, I'm focusing on simple techniques - love a good log cabin -  and letting the fabric do the work with interesting blue & peach combinations.  
Once I was happy with how things were looking today I sewed everything together, and am now onto planning the next few rounds…  




It's a new year, with lots of new QAL's happening everywhere
- anyone else tempted to join in with a new QAL or maybe a new BOM this year too?
Linking up with Cyndy here for 'oh scrap'.

Until next time, Linda


10 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Smashing start with Daylesford! This was the first pattern I fell for in the Quilt Recipe book and on my list for later in the year.

pandchintz said...

It’s looking really good Linda!

Cathy said...

Oh, I love the look of this one! Great mix of fabrics.

LA Paylor said...

your fabric choices are so good!

Sandy Panagos said...

What fun! I like it.

Susan said...

I’ve resisted buying this Jen Kingwell book, even though I am a great fan. I had seen a number of patterns I like but they all seemed to need templates! But this one seems to be a bit more free form I love how yours is coming together!

audrey said...

I've been looking at this style lately, the pieced units within the larger cuts of fabric. So interesting and the possibilities are endless! Love seeing your fabric in this particular setting!:)

Karen S said...

This is a great start to the new year.It will be interesting to see how it grows.

Ronnie Finance Ltd said...

Welcome to our Ronnie Finance Ltd,


We are currently funding Startups and existing Buisnesses at a Minimum rate of 3% Annually. Our Portfolio accepts Loan Application from different industries, ranging from Construction, Technology and Agricultural . We also render Mortgage services for home purchase.

Are you a Consultant with leads of Loan Applicants? We have Broker programs and the payment is commission based. Kindly respond to this email, An agent will advise you on the Proceedures.

Ronnie Finance Ltd Officer
apply@ronniefinance.ltd
ronniefinancehome247@gmail.com
Whatsapp +919311856893

Regards,

Ronnie Finance Ltd / Financial Services For Help said...

We offer online financial help to those in need of funds for the following reasons,pay bills,starting of various business,personal funding building of home, and other financial needs apply here very easy just email us and your financial problem is solve withing a short period of time with affordable interest rate of 3% contact us now fast and durable funds raising for all email us ronniefinancehome247@gmail.com

Ronnie Finance Ltd
Whats-App on +91 93118 56893
Email apply@ronniefinance.ltd
http://ronniefinance.ltd/fastloan
Dr. Mark Thomas