Friday 11 August 2023

a little sunshine to brighten your day

I’ve been sewing stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️ for the last couple of days, inspired by a mix and match pattern by
Christine Vlasic called 'bright star'. It's a great idea, using each fabric *3 times within the sawtooth star blocks. It creates combos I wouldn’t have thought to put together, but surprisingly they all seem to work together.   
*Full disclosure: as I was using scraps & stash plus a selection of FQs, I didn't have enough of some stash fabrics to repeat, but I improvised. 

I had started out with more of a muted colour palette in mind, but then all that lovely retro sunshiny yellow goodness snuck in. So, I went with it!








It was also a bit touch & go with the borders, I had to join smaller bits in a couple of places as I was running out of long-ish lengths. Et voilà, a border with AMH's bright yellow 'social climber' for the final touch ...













I love how all these vibrant colours mixed up together! Sure to bring the sun into any home… guess now I’ll have to get it quilted to say it’s finished, yes? 

Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here
Until next time, Linda


7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

scrap happiness :)

Quilting Babcia said...

Love all the cheerful color and patterns! Sawtooth stars are one of my favorite blocks.

dutchcomfort said...

That's one happy quilt-top!

Susan said...

Gorgeous Linda! Stars are always a winner!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your flimsy is very pretty and colorful. Thanks for sharing.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely!! This quilt has a real warm feel to it, the border fabric is perfect!

Karen S said...

That gorgeous yellow border really sets it off perfectly!